Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Human Trading For Meal

About two days ago, I read from a daily newspaper "Suara Merdeka". I got shocked when I read 6 pretty girls who traded under 17-years-old-girls. I called Budi hartono, my neighbor, and showed the news to him and he just sat in silence but then said : "What do you say?".

I said nothing and went home. After 3 hours later, when I was behind on my home working, Shinta, my classmate in the academy of public relation, came over and told me that she wanted to visit the police station where the 6 girls were under arrest. I halted then said " Let's go, honey!".

The girls were interrogated by the police and not longer after that they were straightly pulled by the jailers to wait for the resign a lawsuit to the court. From the grillwork, I addressed one of the girls and asked few questions. 

Me : What's your motivation to do that, Linda? (linda is one of the 6-girls' names)
Linda : We need to eat to survive.

Oops!, there must be something wrong with this. The answer was not reasonable. Everybody needs meal to survive. Nobody says "no" for that.  However, when we made a chat for an hour, I finally believed what she said. They were beggars who didn't have parents (some of their parents were dead and others' gone). They talked and discussed the idea (being girls trader) 8 months ago and had sold 26 girls before the police arrested them two days ago. I never thought that beggars could do that! I just didn't have much time to talk to them because one of the policemen told me that the time was over.

Well, I don't know what exactly happened to them...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcomed. Vulgar and propaganda is prohibited.